Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FIND and replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cash0

Programmer
May 23, 2001
AU

I'm trying to search my actionScript for some text using the 'find' facility in the movie explorer (in Flash 5).

The problem is that it only finds whole words only - I want to seach for all occurences of Õ - which is what you get when you copy text from MS Word containing some so called 'smart quotes' and paste them into flash. Flash doesn't want to find it since it is embeded in a word and is not a whole word.

It would be nice if you could do *Õ* or something...

Any clues?

The reason it isn't finding this character is because it doesn't recognise it as valid. You CAN search for ANY letter, and it will show you all of the instances of that particular letter for the specific type of object you have chosen ... it just doesn't recognise Õ as being a valid letter.

Looks like you'll have to sniff them out yourself! Or, if the letters are in text blocks, try publishing your page (Flash & HTML), then open the HTML in Wordpad and run a find there. You won't be able to change the contents of the FLA from there, but you will be able to isolate how many instances of the letter you're looking for, and roughly where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back