Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find and Replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

brogan

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
GB
Hi guys,

I have been advised to place this post in this forum so apologies if you are reading it for a second time.

I have an Excel spreadsheet (which is a mailing list) and I need to delete a number of common keywords.

Manually deleting takes forever and using Find and Replace with a blank works but when you shut down Excel and open it again it doesn't remember the keywords (around 50 of them) I want to delete.

Any ideas guys how I can speed up this process?

Many thanks if so!

Kind regards

Mark

Your best bet would be to add your list of keyword on a separate sheet in the workbook (or directly into the VBA if they'll never change).

Either way, read this list into an array, then loop through the array performing the Find Replace option with each item you want to blank out.

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

Both suggestions from DPlank are good.

I would like to know why you need to repeatedly delete these keywords. Why are they retained, only to be deleted again?

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Beginning to think you're following me Gerry [smile]

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

Heh - cool - happy to have you come up and correct my poor advice [smile]

Cheers,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back