Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find and replace in 500+ Word documents 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakleaf8

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2002
US
I have several documents that have the exact same hyperlink text and hyperlink. The links are to a file that is the master db of document names.)

You guessed it, the file that is the master db of document names has been moved. I need to change link name and text in 500+ Word documents!!! Arghh.

Please help with easiest way.

Thanks.

Move the file back, if at all possible. Simplistic, but best option.

-Dave

Any dog is just a dog. But if he has you
by the butt he's MR. Dog!

Understood :)

However, the server no longer exists.

Well, so much for easy. I frankly have no answer for you. I don't think there's an easier way that copy/paste/paste/paste(x500). Anyone have any ideas?

-Dave

There's a program that appears to do what you need that sells for about $30. You can use it for an evaluation period before purchasing. I have not used this program, but found it it some reviews when I thought I might need something like this too.

Great answer! $30 is a steal vs all the time you'd have to spend! I'd be raiding my piggy bank for this cheap fix! Have fun.

-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back