Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Financial Report and 2 version of Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterHeisenberg

Technical User
Mar 28, 2008
Hello,

We have a user on a Windows 7 box with Excel 2013 and Excel 2007. Regardless of which version we associate XLS files with, financial reporter opens up in 2013. On his machine, Excel 2013 was installed second. In my local test environment, I have Excel 2003 and Excel 2010. Regardless of what I associate with XLS files, financial reporter opens up in Excel 2003. Excel 2010 was installed second.

I don't see any settings in Accpac or in the registry under Accpac to control which version of Excel to use. Has anyone come across this? We are running Accpac 5.6 PU2.

Many thanks in advance.

Usually it is the last version of Excel installed that opens when you run FR. YMMV.
There is no magical setting to force one particular version to open. Uninstall one version if it is a problem for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back