Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Financial calculation in flash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJhereg

Programmer
Nov 12, 2001
US
Okay, here's a fun one, though less about flash, and more about the calculations involved:

I need to make 2 flash movies (though they'll probably inside of a 3rd, but that's not important).

One is basically "how much loan can you afford?"
This calculation takes monthly income before taxes, monthly debt, and availbe down payment and calculates the loan amount that would be affordable to the user.

The other movie is a payment calculator for a home.
this one takes principal loan balance, annual interest rate, and Amortization Length and returns the montly payment.

My financial math is nil, and I can't seem to find a site that does this using JavaScript, or I'd just follow their calculation.

If anyone has any ideas, please, gimme a shout.
The Jhereg
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
I never lie.
I'm building a reputation for honesty so I can blow it when something big comes along... This ain't it.

This link has all the java calculator scripts you could dream of! Hey! Guess there's even one to calculate votes for helpful posts!

Regards,
wink4.gif
ldnewbie

Oldnewbie you Rawk! Once again, Thanks : ) The Jhereg
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
I never lie.
I'm building a reputation for honesty so I can blow it when something big comes along... This ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back