Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Final year project idaes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tookerello

Programmer
May 5, 2010
IE
hi im doing my final year project(Bsc) and im looking for some suggestions on what to do. I would like to develop something in c# smart device/windows mobile and xml any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

i would build something you find interesting/useful. after the project is complete you can continue development and maybe it will catch on.

xml is just a format. and a rather verbose format at that. you can also transfer data using json and serialized objects.
the only downside I see to developing a mobile app is you are locked into that device: ipad, iphone, android, windows mobile. if you create a web application with a mobile friendly view you won't be locked into a single device. all the aforementioned devices would be able to access the app.

good luck with your project.

Jason Meckley
Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back