Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

final completion: software is already installed (27148)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LearningSql

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
US
Hello All --

Working on a new laptop that had Business Objects 5.1.8y. Had to de-install and add 5.1.8x.

I had used Start, Programs, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs to remove 5.1.8y. Rebooted, tried to install 5.1.8x but program report message:

"final completion: software is already installed (27148)"

I went in to the Registry and removed any and all traces of Business Objects. I still get the same error above.

Does anybody know what I could be doing incorrectly that the software is still "seeing" a version loaded?

If anybody can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I've searched through the forum but could not find anything under my search criteria.

Thanks for any/all help.
PJ

OK -- I found the solution. Interestingly, the user copied over to their "My Documents" their Business Objects files ****INCLUDING**** the busobj.exe and associated runtime files.

Even though I removed the software via Uninstall, cleared the Registry (manually) it appears that the Business Objects installer may have been searching the ENTIRE hard drive for Business Objects files, executables and runtime files. I can't say that this is exactly what happened however once I moved the folder and files off to a separate Network Drive the Installer worked like a charm.

Hope this helps somebody else if they ever come across it!

Thanks to anybody that did look at this post and gave it some thought! Seriously...thanks.

PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back