Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtering Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilja

Programmer
Mar 21, 2001
EU
Hello,
I am making an Impromptu report that uses prompts made with Prompt Manager.
The prompts work and filter the data shown in the report. The only issue I have is to try and filter what is shown in the prompt. I use the catalog picklist.
Is there any way to do this without making a view in the db?
Thanx in advance,
Lilja

Lilja:
I think if you set the filter on the catalog level on the field of the prompt value ..it will accomplish what you are looking for ..that way only the values you want will b available in the catalog and that will be the only values showing up in the prompt.....I hope I understand what you were asking.....Jon

John Organ
MIS

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
Its probably best if I give you an example:
I have a row that has a boolean value, a date, and a name. In my prompt I only want to show names where the boolean value is true.
Any ideas?
Lilja

Lilja,
What John has suggested, catalog filtering, should work in your example, although you may want to create a new catalog for your report.
Under "Catalog", goto User Profiles and click the filter tab. Click on the table with the boolean value, click edit and add the filter as you would in an impromptu report (value = "TRUE" or so). Now any report or any prompt from the catalog will only show items where the value is true.

An alternative (and simpler) way is to use a report picklist - create a simple report which is name only and with a filter value = TRUE and use that name field in the filter of your required report.

soi la, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back