Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtering out pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msi30502

Technical User
May 9, 2012
US
Hi,
I'm currently working on generating invoices with original content. However, non-relevant content needs to be blocked out. I've been able to block non-relevant information using formulas in the format field section for each row. However, when I run invoices for a period, Crystal will generate ALL invoices, even those not having relevant information. This is by far too much data to retrieve. I have to go back to 3 years worth of invoices and the result would generate 10,000+ pages. I've tried the following,

1. Set parameter filters for the items I do want, but the report will generate ONLY those items but not any other items that may be listed on the original invoice. Thereby forcing all rows to the top of the list.
2. In Selection Expert - Used a formula to suppress all but the items I'm focusing on, but It completely suppresses the rows that are not on my list. (Same result as above)

My question is, how can I generate ONLY the invoices with relevant products, in the original format (including all other line items on said invoice(s))?

***Images Attached***

Thanks in advance.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f0969acd-c331-4c23-9571-c565687f949c&file=91200.pdf
One easy way to do this would be to create a container report where you filter invoices based on the product IDs. Then insert a group on invoice ID and insert a subreport in the invoice group header that is linked ONLY on the invoice ID. Suppress detail section in the main report and the group footer. In the sub, you can add all relevant fields, and all items will appear.

-LB

Thanks LB worked out beautifully! [pc2] I don't know why I didn't think of that before? Your the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back