Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

filtering isn't working - help!!! need answer asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSeidel

Technical User
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have a report that I have multiple selections on. Everythign works until I get to a boolean true/false selection. I need IF (field)=false then show else don't... but it's not working. I have a cross tab report without this info but it should work. any ideas? it doesn't even work with "true" values..

You have to share the formula in order for anyone to be able to tell what's going on, and also clarify whether this is a record selection statement, etc. You should also clarify what you mean about the crosstab.

-LB

What does have multiple selections on mean?

If you're trying to show a field if it's False, then you might want to also include null checking, as False and null are different things.

Try:

If {table.field} <> True then
{table.field}
else If {table.field} = True then
true

If you're trying to limit the rows returned from the database, use Report->Edit Selection Formula->Record:

(
{table.field} <> True
)

As LB points out, your post is very vague, for the best results here, try posting Crystal Version, Database type and version, example data and expected output. And if you've tried a formula, state where and show what you tried.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back