Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtering Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRN30

Programmer
Oct 23, 2003
US
I am trying to create a crystal report that will only show Invoices that contain a list of 5 part numbers. Now I need the detail on the invoice, including the designated part #'s as well as the rest of the invoice detail (other part #'s and prices). I can not just hard code and search on the part #'s because then I only get detail on the invoices and those part numbers I searched on. I need to see the entire Invoice and it's detail information. So basically Invoices that contain certain part #'s and their detail. I can't seem to get this to work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I would do this with a subreport. In the main report, use the 5 part numbers in your selection criteria. This will give you the list of invoices that you're looking for. In the subreport, display the actual invoice data. Link from the main report to the subreport on the invoice number (or whatever you use to identify an invoice.)

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong but I kicked the report off last night and it was not finished as of this morning, so I stopped it. I basically just listed Invoice # and date in the main report. In the selection criteria, I have the part # hard coded to equal one of them and an invoice date range of only 5 days. I created the sub report listing the data I need. I notice when I linked the 2 reports, a parameter was automatically created on the Invoice #. I placed the sub report in the detail section of the main report. I do not have any selection criteria in the sub report. I didnt think I needed any. Any ideas why it might be hanging and not returning data? I know there is data within the date range I selected.
Thanks!

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong but I kicked the report off last night and it was not finished as of this morning, so I stopped it. I basically just listed Invoice # and date in the main report. In the selection criteria, I have the part # hard coded to equal one of them and an invoice date range of only 5 days. I created the sub report listing the data I need including Invoice #. I notice when I linked the 2 reports, a parameter was automatically created on the Invoice #. I placed the sub report in the detail section of the main report. I do not have any selection criteria in the sub report. I didnt think I needed any. Any ideas why it might be hanging and not returning data? I know there is data within the date range I selected.

I do not have an Invoice # Parameter set up, I am unsure of why this is being created when I link the 2 reports on the field, Invoice #.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back