Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

filtering certain events

Status
Not open for further replies.

astin

MIS
Jun 20, 2002
GB
hi
i would like to filter some events so that they are not seen in the alarms browser.
However, rather than delete a whole category I would like to delete only a specific alarm - i.e. an snmp authentication failure from one particular box

Any ideas ? your help is much appreciated.

astin,

A couple ways to do it. If you just do not want to see them in one alarm browser, in the alarm browser use View>>Filter to filter out the messages you do not wish to see.

Or you could highlight the event you do not wish to see from certain nodes. go to Actions>>Configure Event. Then go to Edit>>Modify Event. From there you can either go to the "Category" field and change to "do not log or display" or from the Edit menu in the event configuration window you can go Edit>>Copy Event, Change the Instance for the OID (the last number, say increment by 1). Change the "Category" field to "DO not log or dislay" and then in the "Event Sources" field, put in the names of the devices you do not want to see this event from.

No problem...I am currently in a holding pattern awaiting the hardware and software needed to proceed with my own implementaion. Nice to keep well tunned!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back