Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtering and Views in CustomView ReportRunner 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2002
CA
I'm on a short contract doing reporting for a major call centre here in Canada.

I'm pretty new to the Aspect Reporting but it seems pretty intuitive...

I do have a question regarding filtering and views in the CustomView ReportRunner

Under File --> Options --> Filters [tab] there are three choices; Schema, View and Report.

I'm really not too clear how to use this feature...
Am I right in saying that if I choose 'View' that all reports that use the same 'view' use the same 'filter'?

And what is the 'Schema' option?

Hopefully someone a little more experienced can enlighten me?

Thanks in advance!

- Jeff :D

Ok...I'm going to answer my own post lol!

I found some info in the help file that was of some help...

'Sharing Filters'
The filter you create for one report can be used with any other report that uses the same view or accesses the same ACD Software release. When the report is scheduled, make sure the filter scope default is set to View or Schema. The Filter Drop-down list then includes all filter created for the same view or ACD system schema as the report

Hope that helps someone else out! :)

One more thing to add....and I fought with problem for a good part of one of my days...

Even though I knew how to use the filters I was getting instances where the report would come out blank even though the only filter I was using with ReportRunner was a variable 'Yesterday'.

It worked with some reports and others just blank.

Finally I realized that the filters in ReportRunner and ones I had saved from ReportWriter were fighting!
The report file I was pointing to in RR already HAD a date filter saved in the file. :/

My solution?
Delete the date out of the report file and rename it so the only filters being used are the RR ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back