Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtering a list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nro

Programmer
May 15, 2001
CA
Hi.

I have one customer table. In that table, there is a field called Actvity. It equal 0 for active customer, 1 for inactive. Then, there is a main invoice table, where I enter a invoice number, a date and the customer number.

My question is very simple : is it possible to create a customer list where only the active customers are listed (Actvice = 0). I tried to create a field in Invoice, put 0 in it and then link it with my "active" field in customer, but it end with not lines in the list.

Thanks in advance.

FM9.0

Nro

Nro,

I would link up your Customer table with the Invoice table via the Customer ID field. Then, you should be able to create a layout with the appropriate information (customer id, name, any invoicing information you may want on there) and place your Active field on it. Do a find for all Active fields with a value of 0 and that should get you a list of all Active customers.

HTH,

Doc Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back