Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtered Pop Up Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

cneill

Instructor
Mar 18, 2003
GB
Hi,
The main form FrmAmendHouseDetails contains a Tab control, there are 4 tabs, each Tab contains has subfrm in datasheet view, the fields are locked to the user.

I have created a Pop up form to enable the user view all the information (easily) held in the filtered record, which can then be edited
Each subfrm has a query to filter the selected record, the criteria of that filter within the query is [Forms]![FrmAmendHouseDetails]![FrmWorkDone]![CostsID]
The names of the 4 datasheet subforms are:-
FrmWorkDone
FrmWarrantiesOrGuaranties
FrmHouseHistoryNotes
FrmPropertyUpgrade

How do I use just one popup form, without having to create 4 separate popup forms with 4 separate queries
There idea is therefore to click on the Tab FrmWorkDone then click on the record I want to look at, which opens the Popup Form
Then if I want too click on the Tab FrmWarrantiesOrGuaranties then click on the record I want to look at, which opens the same Popup Form but showing the correct record.

I hope I have given you enough info to point me in the right direction
Thanks

Do you expect the popup form to be datasheet or some time of single form view? Are the fields all the same regardless of the queries?

You can create a subform on any form and set its Source Object to a query so it displays in datasheet with no controls required.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

The Popup form is a single form view
Each Datasheet subform has different data
Each query for the popup form will be different, but the popup form displays different fields dependent on the query.

So I think what I am asking for is something like
If subform FrmWorkDone is selected or has the focus
then the on click event to open the popup form
the Source object/query for the popup form will be the one related to the FrmWorkDone
end if

if subform FrmWarrantiesOrGuaranties is selected or has the focus
then the on click event to open the popup form
the Source object/query for the popup form will be the one related to the FrmWarrantiesOrGuaranties
end if

etc.

So I will use one common popup form but with different Source object queries

Any thoughts

on click event" of what? I would use a double-click event of the record in a subform. Create a different dialog form for each different table/record source.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back