Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filterable image picklist with ADO recordset

Status
Not open for further replies.

deebowyer

Programmer
Jun 6, 2005
GT
Hello.

I am trying to make a filterable picklist. The picklist needs text info such as artist name, a description, date of entry etc. as well as an image of the artesania.

I have managed to create a picklist of all records using an ADO recordset populating unbound forms, and keeping the form size to sane quanties of records by using paging. The form is used to open another form to manipulate the chosen artesania.

What I am struggling to understand is how I might be able to manipulate the recordset via a search form or set of controls that allows the users to get subsets of the records-eg artesania made by Joe..

I admit to not knowing ADO much, but it was the only way I could figure out how to display muliple images and not run into the overhead of using OLE images and continuous forms.

I can get a filtered list without images using subforms and manipulating the recordsource, but combining these two ideas is my challenge.

I have been trying to add code into the 'filter button' to change the recordset source and requery, but I have a feeling the errors I get are because I can't just change the source Sql and requery it.

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back