Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter report dynamically once run 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

Is it possible to put some form of control on the report that can be used as a dynamic filter, so when the report is run and rendered, you can still do a 'live' filter against the report?

I'm assuming all record selection has to be done and sorting and grouping applied to the retrieved records then the report is processed and remains static.

But thought I'd pop the question anyway.

Cheers,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

The answer might be different with some of the new views offered up in later versions. Access 2003 and earlier do not have any filtering once the report is open.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thanks Duane,

I thought that might be the case.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

But you may create a pop-up form that pulls all field names from the open report, then build the filter criteria within the form and apply the filter on the report by clicking a form button. (rpt.Filter = strCriteria and rpt.FilterOn=True)

If that doesn't work, the form can close the report and re-open it applying the criteria.

I remember doing something similar years ago in Access 97.

HTH

[pipe]
Daniel Vlas
Systems Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back