Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter out subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focl

Programmer
Aug 3, 2006
US

I am trying to customize the ePortfolio web page to ignore (i.e. don't show) subreports. Are all reports treated the same in the Enterprise database or is there an attribute I can filter on to show only "parent" reports when I list them on the web page? (I don't want to have to hard code the report names, I want to pull them from the Enterprise databse)

Thanks

When a report (even if it contains subreports) is published to Enterprise (CE 9, 10 or BOE XI) it shows as one report.

If the report contains a subreport and the subreport is deriving data from a different data source from the main report it will need two or more data source logons depending on how many data sources the report contains.

If you are creating a new version of ePortfolio (the current version XI R2 uses a user interface called Infoview)
you are using old technolgy. Crystal Server Pages to be exact.

Business Objects (The owner of the Crystal Enterprise Product) have stated that ALL forms of support for Crystal Enterprise 9 ended on April 1 2007.

You would be best to move your customer onto version XI as this is a current product and will be supported until June 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back