Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter on Summary field

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandarna

Programmer
Jan 2, 2003
US
I have a 12 Summary fields in my Group footer Jan_Total to Dec_Total amounts.
Then I have created formula as f_Tot_Orig_Amt. and added 12 summary fields to get Year total.

But in some groups all 12 totals are 0 so my Year_Total also zereo. But the requirement is that If all are zero there is no need to display that group. How can I filter.

I am trying to put a condition in select expert on formula field (as f_Tot_Orig_Amt )I have created , but this formula field is not visible in select expert.
How can I see the formula field in section expert? So that I can put a condition like this
as f_Tot_Orig_Amt != 0 (not equal to)

or is there any other way to do this?

-nb

Crystal has a 'flow', a fixed cycle that you have to slot your own code into. It isn't a full programing language: that's the price you pay for a software tool that can be used to produced a nice-looking report very quickly.

One limit is that records or record combinations for detail lines can only be selected on values for the detail line, not summary values. You could exclude them if the amount you are summarising is zero, or if it only counts in combination with other fields on the detail line.

If that's not possible - e.g. you are summing positives and negatives - then you can suppress whole groups using Group Selection, which should be somewhere on the menu close to record selection. This is less efficient that excluding unwanted records before processing, but sometimes it is the only choice.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11, 2008 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Go to report->selection formula->group and enter:

sum({table.amt1},{table.group})+
sum({table.amt2},{table.group})+ //etc.
sum({table.amt12},{table.group})<>0

A formula that already adds the sums together will probably not work here, but placing the content of the same formula here and setting it not equal to 0 will.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back