Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter hiding subtotal line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARustad1645

Technical User
Mar 24, 2008
US
I am working on writing a financial report and I've been having trouble getting my filters to work as intended. The two things I am attempting to do is to limit by "cost center" (department) and to hide the lines containing all zeros. In the end the goal is that the first page of our report is not limited by cost center (shows detail for all departments) but each remaining page is associated with it's own query and is limited to one specific cost center.

The subtotal line I'm having issues with is a data item adding together the appropriate other data items.

When I don't limit the query by cost center and don't try to hide the zero dollar lines, it displays the subtotal line properly.

When I don't limit the query by cost center but DO try to hide the zero dollar lines (abs([Actual])>0 OR abs([Budget])>0), I receive the following error message when validating:

QE-DEF-0459 CCLException
OP-ERR-0129 A recursive reference was detected for the namedSet or calculated member identified as '[MEASURES]..[@MEMBER].[COG_OQP_INT_m1]'.

I'm not sure what the above referenced item is.

When I add a filter to limit the query by cost center ([Cost Center - Short Name] = '1000') and I DO try to hide the zero dollar lines (formula same as above), the report validates without errors but the subtotal line does not show up when the report is run.

When I add a filter to limite the query by cost center ([Cost Center - Short Name] = '1000') and I do NOT try to hide the zero dollar lines, the report validates without errors but the subtotal line still does not show up. Maybe because the subtotal data item would not contain a specific cost center? Do I just need to change a property on the subtotal data item?

I have tried defining the contents of the subtotal line, I have tried a few different property settings on the subtotal data item but still haven't been able to get that line to show up properly. I have also tried inserting a crosstab line with text and creating a query calculation or a report calculation and it still will not appear. I have tried doing a query calculation using the tuple function where I tuple each requested account with the required cost center and the line still does not show up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back