Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter / Group y when certain condition is met 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekibel

Technical User
Dec 16, 2008
CA
GM everyone,

I have a simple case to be solved, and because I am new to BO XI R3, I am struggling.

I have a simple database, where I have:
Customer ID - Dimension
Date - Dimension
Purchase - measurement

Assume I want to provide a date range as input (Sep 01st to Sep 30th 2009), and that I provide a cut off point, let's say 5, which indicates I want to see on my report only customers who shopped at my store 5 times or more at the date range specified.

I have tried creating a separate variable, being it a measurement, that would count for unique Customer IDs, how many times they have shopped in my store. But after that, I am being unable to create a filter to set the cut off point as 5, for example. I have hide section and created a formula but it didn't work.

If any one could shed the steps I need to follow to solve this issue would be great.

Thank you,
Eduardo.

I don't think this is properly done at the report level. This should be done at the query level. You will need a subquery to identify the customers who shopped more than 5 times. Those resulsts should feed the main query which gives the details.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

i agree w/skrandel.

this would be done via the select expert not a formula.

you could create a parameter for # of visits and then when running the report it would ask you to enter the # then use that # in it's query.

ie: create a static parameter of type number called "VisitNumber"
use the parameter in the Select Expert something like this: databasetable.visitnumberfield greater than or equal to ?VisitNumber

now when you run the report it will ask for a #, you provide that number and it will display all the results that visited that number of times or more.

if you have a problem with parameters or only expect to need 5 visits or more data, (and depending on the deployment user entered parameters could be an issue) you can just hardcode into the select so that databasetable.visitnumberfield greater than or equal to 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back