Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter Criteria Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

liwan

Technical User
Aug 10, 2003
AU
Dear PPL,
I would like to know how to write coding for FilterCriteria function. Can you give me an example on that? I would like to do a filter criteria in a form. When button is click, it will open another form displaying specific record. I have 3 criteria to fulfill before it can open the form. How do I use the filter criteria?or how do I write the code,so that it function the way I wanted?
Urgent!Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Liwan

Hi Liwan,

I will try to point you in the right direction.

As I understand you a click on Form_1 will opem Form_2.

If the criterea for Form_2 are from Form_1 then in the query that Form_2 is based on you would set those criteria.

In the three fields criteria code as follows:

=Forms![Form_1].[field_name]

Hope this helps.

Dear Dalenz,
Thanks for the reply but that is not quite what I wanted.In Form 1,will have many textboxes,each with different time.It actually function like a daily planner.E.g TextBox1 is for 7.00am & TextBox2 is for 7.30pm.
Form1 will also have Employee Name and calendar in subform for datepicking.
Therefore,when textbox1 is double click it will open Form 2 which have the same 3attributes and many other details. I wanted code to put on those textboxes when doubleclick it only open the records that matches the 3 criteria.
Thanks!!
Regards,
LiWan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back