Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

filling out Adobe forms by user and saving it. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavya

Programmer
Feb 21, 2001
US

our form is created in adobe acrobat 9 professional. This form will be sent to couple of users who need to fill and information needs to be saved.

Later the information from the form will be read into a file - that is the ultimate task.

But what steps are needed after the form creation for the user to be able to open the form, fill in and save the filled in information.
a) Do they need to have adobe 9 professional also.
b) Can't they have just the adobe reader 9 version downloaded from the web.

c) to be enable for the user saving and filling in the information - what needs to be done. How can I extend the reader extesnsions. Very new to extending reader extensions

I don't have Acrobat 9, but I'm assuming it shouldn't have changed since version 8. Under the 'Advanced' menu, select "Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader". This will save the file in a format that will allow a user in Reader to save the form with their filled-out data.

Hi kavya

When you finish the form in Acrobat 9 you should save that form as the original.
Then close the form editing.
Then look under "Advanced at the top and click on "Extend Features in Adobe Reader.
That will prompt you save another copy. Save that with the new name.
You need to do that for anyone to be able to open, fill out the form, save it to their hard drive and if you used the Submit Form button they can click that and email the entire form or just a small file that you can just import into a copy of the form that you have on your hd.

Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back