Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fillable PDF Forms - Text Field, Spacing Between Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivvie99

Technical User
Apr 19, 2022
IE
I have created a fillable PDF form with text boxes, (Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro). I want to change the spacing of the text that is input by a user in a text box. So instead of 'EMMA', I need space between each letter like this: 'E M M A'. Does anyone have a script that will do this? I do not want to use 'Comb of Characters' as while the form will work on a desktop I am running into issues on mobile / tablet devices. Thanks for any help ;-)

Are you somehow forcing mobile/tablet devices to use a particular PDF application? Otherwise, the idea of PDF forms on mobile is futile. PDF Form support is spotty among mobile devices and the myriad of PDF readers that run on them. You're better off developing forms in a more universally supported format, like HTML/JS.

Edit: Even on desktop, there are so many options to view PDF that you cannot be certain that the user will be using a PDF reader that fully supports forms. Many web browsers open PDF without an Acrobat plugin...and without full form support.

Ah! Ok spamjim, thanks for the reply. I think I will have to abandon PDF forms altogether and start looking into other formats like HTML/JS as you suggest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back