Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fill showing on screen but not printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sika2

Technical User
Sep 25, 2001
NZ
Hi All, Just getting back into Illustrator and am trying to create a map. It is a simple B&W map. I have created an outline of a country and have used live paint bucket to fill my outline. This look fine on the screen but when I print the map the country is only shown in outline. I am sure there must be an answer but I just can't find it. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Further to that, I have now established that if I use a Black fill, it prints but it does not print with a Grey fill??

...what percentage grey are you using? if too light it's possible you output device can't hold below a certain percentage.

andrew

Thanks apepp, It would appear that is the case. I am only able to print in Black or the Dark Grey swatch next to Black. I presume from your answer that the problem lies with my printer and other printers would be able to print lighter Greys? Is that correct?

Cheers

...sounds very much like a printer issue...

...your best to also perform test print swatches (black at 100%, 90%, 80% etc) on one sheet, from both illustrator and also make a pdf and print from acrobat, if you get the same results from both programs, you have a printer problem...

andrew

Thanks apepp, I shall try that tonight.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back