Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fill Imported Vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

regalcad

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
US
I am new to CorelDraw 12. My background is mainly in CAD software (AutoCAD & AlphaCAM). My question is: How do I fill an imported DXF or DWG file. For instance I import a DXF file with a few odd shaped items (like a puzzle piece or similar). What are the steps, if any, to fill the puzzle piece? Do I have to group, close path, or etc. I can group each individual item and change the color of the outline but not the interior area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Shawn Dietrich
Regal Plastics

You have to join all the endpoints of the lines you wish to use to form the shape that you want to fill. To do this first select the lines you wish to join, go to Arrange>Combine. Then using the Shape Tool on your Toolbar select the endpoints of each line to connect (by dragging a box around the two endpoints to select both endpoints) then right-click and select JOIN. Do this for all endpoints. Then you can fill the shape.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to everyone for your help! It has been greatly appreciated. I hope that I will eventually gain enough knowledge of CorelDraw to return the favor!
Shawn Dietrich
Regal Plastics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back