Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fill Fields Dynamically Not in Edit Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

foundryqa

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
US
Hi all,

I hope I explain this correctly. We have a subform that has fields that are dynamically filled with items from another database when the form is loaded. I want the document to be locked in readonly mode during the entire process so noone can modify it. I can get everything working right except for the fact that the document won't update unless it is in edit mode. Coming out of edit mode through lotusscript makes headaches of its own, so I would rather the doc. always be in readonly. I'm thinking that if computed fields can dynamically establish their values without being in edit mode, then I should be able to modify a document as it is loaded without going into edit mode. When the user selects the entry in a view, I have all of the information that I need at that point to also fill the subform correctly. I'm not sure when to fill the subform so that it won't go into edit mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

Are the fields in your subform Computed for Display ?
If they are, it might work.

Pascal.

Thanks for responding Pascal,

I was able to get around the problem by putting the code in an event fired by the view. Once the event fired, I knew which back end doc I wanted to modify, so I did it before creating the uidoc. Everything has worked great since.

Thanks,

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back