Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fill custom shape.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklinfrog

Technical User
Nov 27, 2007
I am working with pdf's in corel and cannot find a tool that will select an area to allow fill. Is it necessary to draw a shape everytime the fill tool is used?? Or can existing lines be used as boundaries? I guess I'm searching for the 'magic wand' tool used in adobe.....

What is IN the PDF? A bit image, or vector objects?

If its a bit image, right click on it select edit and use the tools in photopaint.

If it is a CLOSED vector object, then the fill tool (looking like a paint bucket) will fill it.

If you've tried that, I will guess you don't have one object, but several different lines that just look as if they joined. You should be able to make a single closed object from several lines by selecting the lines which border the area and doing one of the options under Arrange : Close Path.

Before doing that, you might like to consider whether any of the lines border more than one area -- in which case, you will be wise to duplicate the lines before combining them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back