Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fill colors not displaying - Word 2003 XP Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisymatilda

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
The "fill" colors are not displaying. No colors are shown on the template and "more" is not available. This just happened today. I have tried other documents as well with same result. Have tried to reset from selections in custom toolbar, but nothing works.

Do I have to re-load Word to correct?
Thank you.

You might have deleted those buttons from formatting toolbar. Just add those buttons again by,
Click at the end of Formatting toolbar (small arrow)...Add or Remove buttons...Formatting. Here you will get the list of buttons. Select the buttons you want. Thats it only...

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

Thank you for responding. The button is there but when you right click on it, all boxes are void of any colors and the more fill and fill effects are not accessible. I did a repair of window and that did not work. I reloaded windows and that did not work.

The fill box is working properly in other programs such as excel, just not word.

I'm not sure what else to try. The other interesting thing is that if I select custom toolbar, this the fill is an option that is already selected and if I use the drop down box for fill while I have the custom toolbar options open.....all colors do appear, but once the custom toolbar option is closed, fill is again void of color.

Unless you have heavily customized your toolbars, you might try deleting normal.dot, not sure where it is in 2003 though.

Stubnski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back