Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fill Color in Closed Paths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohriver

Technical User
Mar 22, 2000
US
Here's the deal: I construct a curved path which emulates those popularly designed lefthand navigation templates you see everywhere on the web today. I use the curve path tool in Freehand 9.0. The one 'line' or path which traces the curve is adjacent to the uppermost navigation bar, and the rectangular lefthand contents bar, thus 'defining' an enclosed space between the two where the curved path is the enclosing line.
I cannot fill the empty space within this area with color. I have a feeling it needs to be a completely enclosed 'path', ie., an irregular polygon shape that has beginning and ending points, not just a line? But that doesn't appear possible to me.
Anyone out there? Anyone?

Frustrated in Freehandville

Hi Frusturated,

I'm not sure exactly what you're describing, but your object does need to be closed in order to fill it. Can you send me to a site that has an example of what you're trying to do? I think I can help you out once I know what you're after.

reeces <><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back