Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fill an exported Corel Draw bitmap 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaceDev

Programmer
May 16, 2003
Hey! I just created an image in Corel Draw and I wanted to fill it up in Photo Paint. The problem is that when I open it up, after it has been exported, and try to fill it, it fills the whole image. In other words it doesn't distinguish my sections. I tried using masks but it was a nightmare to maintain the anti-aliasing.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help!

well, first off... what version of Draw and Photopaint are you using?

I'm using version 7. It's the only one I have at the moment :(

v7 does not support multiple objects on exporting to a bitmap format. I'm not sure what you mean by "fill it up", though... if you mean fill an object with color, why not just do it in Draw?

Hey! Thanks for all your answers. If I were to fill it up in Draw, will it anti alias it when I export it? I've seen that when I work directly on Draw it's really rough and not anti-aliased.

What I'm trying to do is something similar to what this guy explains on this site:

Thanks a lot for your help!

you would not totally be able to do what he does because he's using v10. 10 allows you to create objects in Draw and export them out as "floating objects" - v7, what you're using, doesn't support that... you might try copying/pasting the object from Draw to Photopaint, but your results may not be that good.

Hi! I appreciate your help. You're right. I've tried doing this and it's not the same. I've also tried exporting it and the "fill" tool doesn't recognize the lines so it fills up the whole image.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again.

If you're wanting to do a comic, you could do it all in Draw and then just export it out to a bitmap format later on for the web. Yes, it should anti-alias fine, but I've not used v7 in years. If this is going to be a web comic, you're going to want to make sure your "page" in Draw is setup to work in pixels and that you're working in the same dimensions that it'll be online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back