Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FileTables Sql 2008/2012/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFanslow

Programmer
Jul 16, 2014
US
I have begun working on a project which is going to utilize the latest version of SQL 2014 FileTable, which in all effect will replace the varbinary(max) fields which are containing my clients image data, currently it hold 1,250,000 images in 3 fields (full size, thumbnail 100x100, thumbnail 300x300).

I need to get the foxpro "Form(s)" to read the varbinary data from sql,

So my first question has anyone done this already as i am need to setup some raw compares of timing and requirements for getting this done

it looks like from whar i have read we'll need to use a Ole COntrol to display the image, but looking for some solutions that have already been tested

Thanks

Fanz

All a SQL 2014 FileTable establishes is containing meta data about a filesystem directory. So once you have access to that directory your VFP app will simply be able to use the image controls picture property, as far as I know.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back