Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FileSystemObject and IIS - not working to well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wniatbms

Programmer
Dec 5, 2003
ZA
Good day master programmer Jedi's...

I was just wondering if someone could help me with this little problem I'm experiencing.

If I have an .asp page and part of it's functionality has to do with create an FSO, the system just hangs. I then have to close my browser window, stop the IIS, restart it and then only will it serve a normal page again. It has a problem with FSO, whether it be creating a text file, a folder blah blah.

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions or direct help.

Thanking you in advance.

William.

PS. I'm using MSWindows XP Pro and have had the latest what have yous downloaded for MDAC etc if that helps anything.

second note, FSO will FAIL after the installation of software, many various types, what will happen is an overwritting of scrrun32.dll ( core FSO library ) in the system folder, verify your version # on that file, make sure it's version is 5.0+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back