Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Files on Win 2012 R2 file server suddenly compressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZENYO

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2001
US
Hello

Files on my windows 2012 R2 File server have been Suddenly compressed, I don't use NTFS Compression. After some investigating it looks like only files that have been "Last Accessed" before 2012 were compressed. Once again not something that I did and I can't figure out a way to do that even if I wanted to. I am using shadow copy with DFS Replication and I looked at a copy of some of the files from the previous night, 7pm, and the files were not compressed. Apparently disk cleanup can do this but that wasn't run on the server and I don't know if disk cleanup can cleanup based on a date range.

Thoughts?

Are you the only person with admin rights to the files?

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

No trees were harmed in posting this message, however a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER.

No, but before I chat with the admins throughout the org I would like to understand how this could even happen. I still can't figure out how to compress files based on a date range. Third party application maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back