Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Files Moved Need to relink everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghcrazy8

MIS
Apr 17, 2006
US
IT has moved our files to a new server. We currently have ALOT of excel tables and/or pivot tables linked to Access Database tables/queries. Is there a quick and easy way to change these links from J:\\..... to \\gad.intra.net\.......

Appreciate any advice.

I would think you'd have to write a VBA script to handle that. If so, you can look at the QueryTables and ListObjects objects in Excel, and that will get you what you need.

If you want to go down that path, here's a good explanation of how to use ListObjects in Excel 2003, 2007, and 2010, at least - and I'm sure you can use the same in other versions -well, I specify those, b/c the author notes the differences from 2003 to 2007 where Table objects really became useful, at least in my opinion:
... well, having trouble finding the link at the moment. If I find later, will post back - I have it stored in my favorites/bookmarks somewhere but not remembering enough right now. [blush]

Here's another reference worth noting - I know I've looked here at least once in the past:

And here's another one that looks like it details some of the steps, at least, that the other site which I can't find at the moment shares:

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back