Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filer and Domain controller clocks are more than 5 minute apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

janit

MIS
Feb 2, 2006
CA
I thought I'd share this tip, since it took me more then 3 days to get it fixed. Scenario: Netapp filer in Mexico can not be joined to a Active Directory domain because of the error above. Time was set manually and eventually was within 2 seconds of the Domain Controller. No go. Timezone on the filer was GMT -6 which is correct. Was able to join the domain when timezone was set to GMT. The solution is to change the timezone to correct name. It's just the way filer works. So, under /etc/zoneinfo folder there are zone names. The one that is supposed to be used for Central Mexico is named Mexico/General. The command in this case is "timezone Mexico/General".
Timezone command displays current timezone. In my case it said GMT -6, wrong...
Of course "options timed" should be set for some NTP server. Date command could be used to set time. It's the 24 hour format.
Hope this helps somebody.
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back