Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filemaker Solution 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dswett

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2005
US
Hey everyone,
I am in the process of making a database on Filemaker Pro 7 on IWP. I have setup accounts/priveleges and what I want to do is on startup, perform a search for the accountname that was entered (there is a field that matches each accountname). I have tried many things in my startup script, but nothing seems to work (go to record needs a record number and find mode won't recognize Get ( Accountname ) as a variable. There are multiple records for each accountname and so after I find out how to get the user to the correct record, I can limit privileges to records only with their accountname in that field. Thanks for the help!

-dswett

Hi -

If you wish to find only those records created by that user, you could try the following

Code:
Set Error Capture [on]
# The set error capture will stop the find displaying an error message if no records are found
Enter Find Mode [turn off the pause option]
Set Field [Your table::your field, Get(AccountName)]
Perform Find
# Continue your script here. You may want to trap for no records found
If [ Get (LastERror) = 401]
  # No records are found. Perform task here for no records found
End If

HTH

Andy Gaunt

Wonderful, works perfectly! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.