Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filemaker Pro v.6 + iMAC freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningglory

Instructor
Mar 24, 2003
US
File Maker Pro is installed on iMAC 9.2.2. All the tabs work, except the Print option tab. When the Print Opt tab is selected the pointer turns to the "pretzel" and the machine freezes up. This is happeining on 2 networked machines and other machines on the network are opering fine. I have re-installed the program and checked the machines memory. any ideas? I looked through the forum etc and did not see anything that matches my problem. I am new at this so if I missed something it is b/c I did not recogonize my problem in the thread. thanks!

Does it work if, when you print, you elect to send it to a file (that would isolate it to a network/printer problem)?
Do other things print from this Mac OK (i.e., could you using the wrong printer definition)?
If so, can you take that file you created, convert it to pdf and print it successfully using Acrobat Reader?
If you aren't currently, try using the Desktop Print Utility to define your printer.

I have solved this problem, the computer was set for Apple Talk instead of TCP/IP. Thank you for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back