Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FileMaker Pro 5.5 Insert Object into Container Field Shows Thumbnails

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigahz83

Technical User
Aug 13, 2003
US
I am running FileMaker Pro 5.5 and am having trouble. I run five databases, each having a container field meant for storing .tif files. For the past several years, I have done so by highlighting the container field, then clicking on Insert > Object. I would click "Create from File" and "Browse" until I found the .tif file I desired. I then clicked on "OK" twice and was brought back to the database with the .tif file embedded into the container field. The container field contained an icon (which I then changed to suit my personal tastes) and the filename. Whenever I double-clicked on the container field, the default program for opening .tif files opened and displayed the chosen .tif file. This was working fine until late last week.

Last week, something happened and I haven't been able to figure out what. But now, instead of displaying the icon and the filename, the container field displays a thumbnail of the chosen .tif file. If I double-click on the thumbnail, scroll bars show up in the container field and I can view a slightly larger thumbnail than before. If I right click on the container field and click on "Open Image Document," the file opens up in Kodak's Imaging for Windows. Then when I exit, FileMaker gives me an error message saying "Out of Memory. Unable to clear the image from the display window." Does anybody have any ideas on how I can revert back to normal?

strange...try associating the extention with only the software u want to use as default...when in win Explorer
Tools--Folder Options--[File Types] and find the .tiff and associate it with the software (.exe) you want to use.....

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back