Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File with negative (-) duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

parishan

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
US
Hi -
I have a large AVI file (about 5.6GB) which I would like to import to adobe premiere time line. The file plays fine with windows media player but after importing it to premiere, it shows nothing when I drag it to the timeline window. The properties of the file shows negative (-) duration time. When i try to dubble click the avi file, it brings up the clip window but with negative (-) duration. I even tries to change duration and speed but nothing is helping this file. It does not play in premiere. I am using permiere 6.0. Any one had this kind of expreience?
My other small file are fine and works great. Thanks in advance.
:) Parishan.

Have you updated to Premiere 6.01? If not, that might just help (no promises!).

Well, I've never seen this happen before, but I do know that a negative duration could mean that the clip is set to play in reverse. (I don't know how it got set like that, though....) Anyway, try right-clicking on the clip and go to "clip speed" or whatever it is. If there's a hypen in front of the number, delete it, or vice versa. See if that does it. Or, does the clip just need to be rendered? Good luck.

Thanks for your feedback.. Believe it not but problem was related to "HollyWood" plugin. After removing Hollywood plugin, my software (premiere) is working fine and I can now play with large files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back