Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File watcher and frequency in BCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansen97

Programmer
Oct 14, 2003
US
I would like to setup a report to run in BCA anytime a text file is found. However I can set it up to run either a certain day or time, or it will run once with the file watcher. Can anybody help? Can I get the schedule to be setup to run everytime the file is found, not jsut on a certain day or time?

thanks

BCA allows you to specify a date/time to refresh the report AND a file to watch to kick off the refresh. If you don't specify a file, then the report just kicks off at the appointed time. If you specify a file, then BCA begins looking for the file at the date/time. If the file never appears, the report is never run.

We have perhaps 200 reports that are set to refresh daily -after the data mart is populated. So at the end of the ETL process to put data in the mart, the file watcher file is created. The 200 reports then are kicked off and refreshed at the appointed data/time - as long as the ETL process successfully completed and created the file. A few hours later, a batch job comes along and removes the file for the next day's process so that the reports don't kick off prematurely before the next data load is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back