Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

artdirectoreric

Instructor
Jun 26, 2001
US
On my personal site I want to be able to add a picture through my online article entry page instead of manually opening up the site and importing the image. I know I want to do a Input type=file thing but I don't see an easy way to do it without a perl or cgi script. Is there any easy way to go about this? I want to perfect this technique because I promised a client I can do it for his site too.

Without using Perl/CGI the other way of doing this is by using an ASP component - these are readily available on servers running Windows NT or 2000.

If you are using Front Page 2002 (XP) with Server Extension 2002, there is a file upload feature already built in. Look under insert/form/file upload. The online help for File Upload explains what you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back