Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file upload progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kromych

Technical User
Dec 6, 2007
GB
Hello
I am new to perl so it might be simple for most of you guys. I created a little website for my client with file upload/download facilities. Now client asking for a progress bar to be shown when file uploading. As I know its not possible in PHP in which the website is built (at list without some plugins for php and hosting company wouldn’t bother to install them) so I wonder how I can do it in cgi. I already downloaded a few similar scripts but they all have staff i don’t need (email sending etc) and its still hard for me to find the only progress bar in it. So can any one show me how to do it.
Thanks

As far as I know it is not possible with perl running as a CGI. The display would be in the browser and perl can only display stuff in the browser indirectly. So you would have to use javascript and something to format the display, html/css. There is a module you can look into, CGI::progressBar, but the display is not a true progressbar but more a visual aid to keep the user occupied.

------------------------------------------
- Kevin, perl coder unexceptional! [wiggle]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back