Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Upload in 2nd <form> while no flashing postback in 1st <form>??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fletchsod

Programmer
Dec 16, 2002
In the 1st <form> have an <UpdatePanel> so that cause problem when a file upload (synchronous) cause a postback that undo the changes within the <UpdatePanel>. So, have anyone of you ever try having file upload in the 2nd <form> that does the synchronous postback without affecting the 1st <form> tag?

Just wondering if this solution will work or not.

Thanks...

P.S. - Feel free to do the experiment and post back your thought.

The UpdatePanel causes a full postback of the page, so that won't be helping you. I'd suggest rethinking your strategy and using something like a javascript/flash based plugin that will asynchronously upload the document(s) for you.

Mark,

Darlington Web Design[tab]|[tab]Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledge[tab]|[tab]ASP.NET Tips & Tricks

Aw suck! Alright, I'll have to figure something else to use. We don't want flash or java because some machines don't have them. This is something I have been working on for a few month. I have been experimenting with iframe but found that UpdatePanel refresh all of the 15 iframe. So, I threw it out. Then been experimenting with javascript/jquery and found that don't work through Visual Studio 2008. :-/

I don't think it can be done, so I've been saving all of the form data, form session, etc. before file upload postback and repopulate the data all over again because of the synchronous file upload. Suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back