Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File upload code has stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirkcudbright

Technical User
Dec 31, 2015
GB
Hi,
A while back I used the code I found at to create a very simple file upload routine.
It worked fine for over a year then suddenly stopped working. It now puts up the error message "File(s) not uploaded" every time.
As far as I can see the code hasn't changed at all.
Anyone got any idea what might have happened here and how I can get it working again?
Many thanks

Anyone got any idea what might have happened here and how I can get it working again?

Anything we can come up with would be a complete and utter guess as it can only be something that has changed on your server, the details of which we are not privy to.

So the only sensible suggestion is ... ... Ask your hosting provider.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

As Chris wisely stated, your hosting provider may have changed something. If so, the first place I'd look is ASP properties in IIS. If you don't have access to that you can try a very small file and if successful then it could be related to the filesize, that possibly being an IIS parameter.

Dave [idea]
[]

Thanks guys,
I'm just getting ready to celebrate the New Year but I'll check with the provider asap.
All the best for 2016.
Slainte

ChristHirst and ElEye,
I'm back on the case of this wee mystery and it occurred to me that whatever my have happened on the server it's still running the first bit of code in upLoadEnd.asp (the bit that executes Uploader.Upload() and then generates the message "File(s) not uploaded." when the file count equals 0.
Which suggests that the problem is somewhere in upLoadFunctions.asp or that the server doesn't like something about upLoadFunctions.asp.
Does that throw any light on the problem?
Thanks

Not really.

However:

For the first [educated] guess (from the first post) is permissions to the save location.

The second would depend on whether your version of the script was using hard-coded locations or server.mappath("location")

The third guess would depend on whether, or not, you were using a parent path syntax '../) to go above the vhost root folder path.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back