Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File to Database load

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinkys

Programmer
Sep 11, 2003
GB
hi there

I'm looking for the best method of loading a file to a database, I need to load 2 rows per row from the file with different details in each row.

I thought about having 2 output cards but I believe this will have to have multiple connections to the database rahter than one, I could be wrong?

How can I pass record to two rows in database, I would like to write in this order aswell
e.g.
File Database row
Row 1 1
2 2
3 3

Any ideas would be gratefully recieved

Each input row would be a group, output card would use functional maps to create rows. You could use burst mode to get each input row and that would write the output in order to the DB, with scope of burst. Could be slow if input file is very large. Second possibility is to map the file to a file creating the order needed, then map to the DB row by row. Could be 10 ways to do this. One of the best features for customers is that you can do something so many ways, just more headaches for support when something does work the way the developer thought it would.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back