Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File System Task with Multiple Inputs does not execute

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeetS

Programmer
Nov 30, 2006
ZA
I am using a ForEach loop to process text files into different tables. I use a script task to direct the processing to different data flows (depending on the file name) After the data flow is completed, I use a File System task to move the file to another location. I want to use the same File System task to move the files regardless of which data flow did the processing. The problem that I have is that if I connect all the data flows to the same File System task, it just does nothing. If I duplicate the File System task and connect each data flow to its "own" file system task, it works perfectly. I have tried to use a script task to move the files, but with the same result. It seems like a waste to have to duplicate the task in order to get the job done. Any ideas? Thanks.PeetS

Try setting up the file names within a SQL Server table and have the FileSystem Task get its input from the table?

BTW, that's a WAG.

Are all your files, regardless of name, going to the same UNC path?

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back