Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File System Object Help.... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANDAZZO

Programmer
Nov 29, 2000
US
Hello all,

Question -

Is it possiable to set the summary properties of a text file within a VB application. Meaning if you right click on a text file then select properties you can view the Summary Tab. Within that tab are file properties like (Tile, Subject, Category etc.)

If this can be done, help is great!

Thanks in advance,

Frandazzo

And if you are actually using VBA in any Office application, you don't need any additional DLLs at all...

If you use the CommomDialog, you can right-click on any Folder or File and get the standard Context Menu e.g.
Open, Explore,...Cut, Copy, Delete, Rename etc. Forms/Controls Resizing/Tabbing Control
Compare Code (Text)
Generate Sort Class in VB or VBScript

In fact, here's some example VBA code. I repeat: this only works in an Office application.

[tt]
Dim OC As Object
Dim DP As Object

Set OC = CreateObject("OfficeCompatible.Application")
OC.Init "myDummy", "Dummy Display Name"
Set DP = OC.CreateDocProps()
DP.Load "c:\menu.doc" ' The file you want the properties from
' At this point you can examine DP.BuiltInDocumentProperties and
' DP.CustomDocumentProperties
End Sub

OK - Let me tell you a litte about what I am doing.

I am not within a VBA application. I am within a custom windows VB app. I am working with text files and I am creating and populating the files with data. I need to set the summary properties of the text file(s).

I have downloaded that .exe from Microsoft and works fine. But I want to see if I an write my own code.

Thanks everyone,

Frandazzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back