Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

/ file system full

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramirezfj

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2001
ES
Hi all,
I've a big problem because I can't login as root on a HP-UX 10.20 machine (even via serial console) because it says that / file system is full. What can I do ? (I can't shutdown correctly the machine because I can't login). Can't connect via telnet, ftp, ssh, etc... because file system full.

Need Help, Please

Many Thanks in Advance !!!

I would try powering the machine off and boot into single user, when given the prompt to interrupt within ten seconds.
At the ISL prompt, type hpux -is
Then clear the space from there. If you can't find the cause, try looking in /dev to make sure that you havn't written to device that doesn't exist.

Clare

First of all happy new year.

Try what unixqueen has said to you. In case it fails you can boot from recovery CD and open a recovery shell. Look in /var/adm/crash to see if there is there any core file.

I hope this help.

Many Thanks for both, I am going to try into single mode.

Thanks and Happy New Year :)

try this command to show you all the files in / more then 10Megs after you login
Find . -size +10000000c > /tmp/files10m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back