Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2002
US
Can anyone help me figure out how to expand a file space in ADSM? It looks as if the only way to do this is to delete the old space and create one that is larger. Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

If you use AIX by TSM Server's OS, issue command "smitty jfs"

Is it your solution?

TSM doesn't have "file spaces". AIX has "file systems". Are you trying to actually expand a file system? i.e. if you do a "df -k" at the command prompt, you want one of those mount points larger?

Or are you referring to some component inside of TSM like storage pools, database, log, etc that you'd like to expand/grow?

gwichman-

I am not running TSM, I am running an older version of ADSM more specifically ADSM Server for Windows NT Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.50. I have no training, no background and basically no knowledge of this system. We have upgraded to a different system but have one server that has to be backed up on the old one until we migrate to a new system with our headquarters. Someone else has said we need to expand the file spaces within ADSM, not my idea.

Thanks for suggestions anyways.

ADSM and TSM are one and the same. ADSM was renamed to TSM with version 3.7. The previous version was 3.1 and yes it was called ADSM. The terminology for ADSM and TSM are actually the same. Unfortunetly i can't help if i don't really know what you're asking. Maybe is you expand upon it by providing the context or reason as to why you want to expand the "file space" i can guess as to what you're actually trying to do. i.e. why do you need to do this? Whats the problem you're trying to solve? As with anything, the more info and output the better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back